commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ola Berg" <>
Subject Re: [Lang] Assertions?
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 14:24:50 GMT
From: "Henri Yandell" <>
> First thoughts on assertion code:
> Does JUnit already have this?

Sort of. They have what I would imagine should go into a lang.Assert class (true,not null
etc). They also have a couple of asserts that applies to tests (equals, array equals etc).

> What do we feel about JUnits version if it
> does?

Too focused on tests and not on indata validation (doesn't throw IAE). Not really useful for
that purpose.

> Does JDK 1.4 contain much more than the 'assert' keyword?
No... ..that I know of... and I haven't read anything from the process on incorporating built
in assertion functionality into the language/runtime.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message