commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: HMI - Http Method Invocation
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 12:06:08 GMT
Agreed. Also have you seen EOB..

http://eob.sourceforge.net/

Maybe this could be a HTTP transport for AltRMI used in EOB?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ola Berg" <ola.berg@ports.se>
To: "Jakarta Commons Developers List" <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: HMI - Http Method Invocation

> I would like to put the initial code, that must be improved and tested, on
> jakarta-commons project. What do you think about?

Some "non-binding" (I'm not a committer) thoughts:

1) Smells like it, if the idea is useful enough, should be a jakarta project
of its own

2) if you put your project on hold for a short time and instead help out
with clazz if you like, you will find that your thing should probably build
heavily on existing jakarta-commons components, including clazz. IIUC,
building your thing using clazz is much more trivial than without it (if the
promises from the initial discussion will be fulfilled).

3) Isn't your thing what SOAP and similar techniques do? What can you do
using your stuff that you can't do without it? Why use it? (not asked to
discourage, but to see if there is a foreseeable future for the thing).

4) Have you looked at Avalon? Seems like your thing needs to exist in some
kind of component framework, and Avalon is a pretty good one.

/O