commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <>
Subject RE: [lang] Ideas for Lang
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 20:40:39 GMT

Sounds interesting.

> 3) Constant. I'm still unsure if this is good or not :) It's
> been in and out and in etc. My reasons for deciding it was
> shit was cuz I wanted to use == when I initially grew to love
> it and RMI/Java means I have to use .equals. But Enum makes
> that same choice. So is a simple-enum concept needed.

I haven't had a chance to look at enum yet (though I will), but I do
desire some kind of simple constant. I don't necessarily using .equals,
I just don't want to have to recreate classes every time I use the
pattern (which is quite often).

> 4) Pair. Is this Collections? Dunno. Anyway, pairs seem to be
> nice sometimes. I only have one because I was porting the
> lisp examples to Java from the lisp book [yep, i'm that sick].

Can you elaborate on Par a litte more?

> 5) StopWatch. Currently this is in [util], but as its
> basically a wrapper for System.currentLongTimeBlah I thought
> I'd mention it.
> That's all that's springing to mind right now.
> Hen
> --
> <mailto:commons-dev->>
> For
> additional commands,
> e-mail: <>

My list. Nothing earth shaking, just simple stuff that seems to be

1. I'm planning soon to work on the CalendarUtils a bit and get that
ready for primetime.

2. Along the same lines as the Mutable primitive classes, I've got a
ComparableBoolean I want to throw in.

3. I also want to work on getting [io] promoted to a proper citizen.
This is not [lang], but it might make sense to bring the [io] stuff into
[lang] if there is not enough [io] momentum.

4. Got a few StringUtils additions.

Steven Caswell
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>