commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject RE: Plea for committal
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:08:49 GMT
At 10:40 PM -0700 2002/09/12, Martin Cooper wrote:
>I hear ya.
>
>At this time, there are several Validator bugs which are blocking the final
>Struts 1.1 release. (See the Struts STATUS file for the details.) These
>necessarily take precedence over enhancement requests such as Bugzilla
>#11541.
>
>As soon as the blocking bugs are resolved, we can start looking into
>potential enhancements such as your suggestions.

James' patch is to org.apache.commons.validator.Validator -- if it
doesn't break the API, work on Struts should have nothing to do with
whether or not his patch gets committed.

That said, I'm a little suspicious of a class constant in his patch
which "refers" to Struts, albeit in a String value:

+    public static String FORM_KEY = "org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm";

but I don't claim to have worked out all of the logic in the class,
and I've never been a regular Validator user.  A while ago, I thought
I'd try to learn more about Validator in hopes of helping to fix the
outstanding bugs on it, but when my initial attempts got no feedback,
I went on to other things instead.

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956