commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject RE: [beanutils] Question about BeanComparator
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 05:06:58 GMT

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 EPugh@upstate.com wrote:

> Where is ObjectComparator in terms of work?  Should I use it, or just go
> with my own somewhat nasty SafeComparator filled with hardcoded assumptions?

http://www.generationjava.com/maven/genjava/genjava-core/xref/com/generationjava/compare/ObjectComparator.html

ClassRegistry has since spawned ClassMap as I've decided my Registry
structure isn't worth enough over just using a Map. Will submit ClassMap
to Collections as soon as I can find the time to pull that and a couple of
other collection pieces together.

One obvious improvement to me is to allow the instance to also have a map,
so you can register static and instance comparators.

Hen