commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject [lang][collection][util] Open Symphony OSCore
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:16:38 GMT

I talked to Mike Cannon Brookes of Jira and Open Symphony fame. He
mentioned that we might want to look in the OSCore package there:

http://www.opensymphony.com/oscore

and consider aggregating in any applicable works in there. I took a quick
look at TextUtils and expect to roll a few methods in at some stage.
Thought I'd let you all know that it's open season on OSCore :)

I was going to reimplement the TextUtils ones as they were quite light, at
least the first ones I was considering, but I think we could probably
discuss a formal submission of something if there was something complex
that looked like a good fit.

Another thing we could do is provide an API map showing which Jakarta
Commons classes could easily replace theirs. They might be interested.

Licence wise, it's a modified Apache, so hopefully compatible.

Hen