commons-dev mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [NET] Release Plans
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 15:48:21 GMT

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> > Yes, I agree.  We should wait until after a release and discuss depending on
> > other commons projects.
> >

> >>[io] is ready too, Isn't it ?
> >

> > I'm not sure.
>
> Not yet I think, but I'm a bit behind...
> I copied the compress packages in there from Avalon but then it was
> decided to make them separate, and we started moving them via CVS dir
> moves, but they need to be removed still from io.
>
> Also, there a was an issue with the FileUtils naming and double class...

Yeah. [IO] is nowhere near ready. 47 classes in the java/ dir, and only 14
java files in the test/ dir.

I would suggest sending [net] to commons-proper without a dependency on
[io], as far as I know, no one is focusing on [io] as their main area at
the moment, so it's dawdling along waiting for people to have time.

Hen