commons-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Sitze <rsi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: [logging] VOTE for cutting release 1.0.2
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:07:15 GMT
We need a quick release to enable us to pull this into another Jakarta
Project that has a dependency on this change (AXIS), that is expected to
be released VERY soon.  This is one reason I'm asking for a 1.0.2 release,
instead of a more significant 1.1 release... for whatever THAT's worth.

So, with that in mind, and keeping in mind that I don't own this project,
nor am I in charge... and I hate to say this:

1.  Steven, you don't appear to be a committer, so while your vote &
concerns are noted, your vote isn't binding.  Regardless, you are welcome
to submit a patch if you have one.

2.  If you ARE a committer, then fix it. :-)     Soon.  :-)   Please.

3.  Steven Downey, by same token I find no evidence to support the
validity your vote - so you cancel each other out one way or another.

[The 'committer' list is out-of-date for commons-logging.  I know that I
am a committer, and I've never added my name to the list.  I find Scott
Sanders & myself on the list of commons contributors.. which is the best
resource I can find to identify valid voters]

4.  Folks, if you are committers, please update the commons-logging
STATUS.html document with your name, and that includes myself! :-)

<ras>

Richard A. Sitze
IBM WebSphere WebServices Development

I'm voting -1 because the issue I raised with the initialization of
log4j added in 1.0.1 has not been resolved.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=103057245722889&w=
2

I assume this is a valid reason for a -1 vote. If not, someone please
correct me (like I really need to say that :)  )

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving

For additional commands, e-mail: <