commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 19:30:31 GMT
On Thursday, September 5, 2002, at 08:07 PM, Scott Sanders wrote:

> Or, instead of a branch, do a proposal under digester.  That way
> multiple ideas can be hashed out quite easily.

it's turned out that the namespace improvements we're been talking about
can be implemented in a way that's almost binary compatible with digester.
  i have an idea that - with a little work - it might be possible to tweak
them so that they are completely compatible.

there will be deprecation and replacement but not very much removal. the
API will contain more duplication and will be less clean but that's a
small price to pay for compatibility.

> I have lots of ideas for Digester 2.0 as well, but I am not sure they
> look like Digester 1.  So, I know I will need a different proposal
> directory.

cool. i'll look forward to seeing them :)

i'm coming around to the opinion that this additional namespace support
should be provided as part of digester 1.x.

- robert