commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brekke, Jeff" <Jeff.Bre...@qg.com>
Subject RE: [NET] Release Plans
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:25:59 GMT
No firm plans.  We recently were working on the new ftp2 classes and parsers
but ran into some problems with them.  Other than that the code is
essentially the same as the last NetComponents drop so maybe now would be a
good time for a release.  I'd like think about moving stuff from .io and
.util out into their respective commons projects ( or reuse something
already existing ), but maybe that should happen after a release.  Keeping
things the way they are now, anyone using NetComponents could drop in a
commons-net jar and just change package names.

Moving .io and .util will cause commons-net to depend on other commons
projects if that is of any concern.  We can discuss that option also.

Maybe a vote?

+1 from me for a 1.0 release and move to commons proper

Jeffrey D. Brekke                                   Quad/Graphics
Jeff.Brekke@qg.com                              http://www.qg.com