commons-dev mailing list archives

From Aurélien Pernoud <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] Bad performance with multiple request to same host ?
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:39:06 GMT

I agree with this, but when you're using an Intranet HTTP Server and you're
making all requests via httpclient, 2 is a ridiculous number... Currently
the httpclient i'm using can manage up to 200 people between two intranet
servers, so if I dindn't increase the total connections allowed they would
wait hours for page to show. And performances are here, nice work from the
httpclient team !

The idea of a configuration is nice, and default set to 2 is alright.

Although a getter on the httpconnectionmanager would allow developpers not
to overpass the original httpmulticlient and to manage their connections
better. Thanks for considering my request.

Aurélien Pernoud