commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 20:46:56 GMT
On Wednesday, September 4, 2002, at 08:30 PM, Christopher Lenz wrote:

<snip>

> The *only* problem regarding backwards-compatibility is that the rules
> instance variable would need to be removed or simply ignored by Digester.
>  So the only API client affected by these changes would be those who don'
> t use the accessor methods to access the rules, but rather access it
> directly.

yeh - i see what you've done now. any subclass which accesses the rules
field directly will be broken - but it has an easy workaround (us an
accessor) and i'm happy to live with that.

i'm pretty happy with the way that this is heading but maybe it'd be
easier for more people to review these changes and suggest improvements if
we had them in cvs. maybe a branch is the right way to go forward. (we can
merge back once everyone's happy with the changes.)

comments?

- robert