commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Sanders" <ssand...@nextance.com>
Subject RE: [Digester] XML Pull
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:39:44 GMT
The major reason for (lack of) performance in Digester is the
reflection/introspection first, then the pattern matching second.  I
re-implemented a minimal 'Digester' that does exact match on the current
element, and has hard-coded type-safe rules, and the thing screams.  I
would assume that on that the parsing would then be the bottleneck.

I am not against starting a proposal for a digester-like entity that
works with pull parsing, to be just another usage option as you say.
You are welcome to submit a patch with an implementation.

Scott