commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Glück <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Bad performance with multiple request to same host ?
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 07:33:19 GMT
 From RFC2616:

<cite>
Clients that use persistent connections SHOULD limit the number of
simultaneous connections that they maintain to a given server. A
single-user client SHOULD NOT maintain more than 2 connections with any
server or proxy.

These guidelines are intended to improve HTTP response times and avoid
congestion.
</cite>

We can, however, introduce a configuration key for this in the (future)
config architecture of http client. Default will be 2 per client.

Odi