commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [GUMP][httpclient] Build Failure - commons-httpclient
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2002 01:23:52 GMT
Stefan,

I guess we could fix this by replacing the offending line with:

    Security.addProvider(new org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider());

So that the BouncyCastle implementation is used instead, but that should not be forced on
us.  At the moment Adrian is the only one using
NTLM authentication and he wants the SunJCE provider.

I do not know how to choose one dynamicly at compile time in java (in C++ I'd check a #define
and do a conditional compilation).  Perhaps a
Any suggestions from the java build gurus on how to accomplish this?

If this is not feasable, can we get the SunJCE added to the GUMP build environment?

> No, in the Gump descriptor (I've already done so), but a problem
> remains for me (Gump uses bouncycastle's JCE implementation):
>
>     [javac] /home/bodewig/dev/gump/jakarta-commons/httpclient/src/java/org/apache/commons/httpclient/NTLM.java:91:
cannot resolve symbol