commons-dev mailing list archives

From Kurt Rush <kr...@mindspring.com>
Subject [Jelly]Expression as an attribute
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 20:52:55 GMT

Hey,

Sorry about the double post :( I forgot to put Jelly in the subject...

I cannot seem to get this right... In my custom tag I would like to have
the value of an attribute be an expression like this:
 <ejb:create var="bean" >
     <ejb:param value="${name}"/>
     <ejb:param value="type"/>
 </ejb:create>
Look at the 'ejb:param' tags. Notice that the first one's value
attribute is an expression. I cannot seem to get this to work. I created
a ParamTag class which extends TagSupport and I made a property for
'value' of type Object. I looked at the code for XmlParser and thought
that it would handle evaluating the expression. I tried this and it
failed. The value property is set to null. I tried making 'value' type
org.apache.commons.jelly.Expression but when I call
value.evaluate(context) I get a null result. So my question is: what is
the correct way to implement this?

Thanks,
Kurt