commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Preferences Architecture Analysis
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:37:14 GMT
Ortwin Gl├╝ck wrote:

> Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>
>> 1.) Would there be a means to assign my own properties object to the
>> HttpClient, HttpConnection and HttpMethod objects? So I could control
>> the settings on a "client by client", "connection by connection",  or
>> "method by method" basis?
>

> Yes I think this makes sense. Do we really need one at the connection
> level as well? To be discussed.

Maybe not a configuration file, just maybe the ability to hand it a
properties object.

Its just that I tend to instantiate HttpConnection object directly using
its constructor, then make Methods and execute them in it. I don't
really use the HttpClient to make my HttpConnections at this time.
(Although I probibly should consider doing it. I don't think the
HttpClient class existed when I started developing using the commons
httpclient library.)

> [I assume you mean connection as "per server" and not physical sockets.

yes.