commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ortwin Gl├╝ck <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: [HttpClient] Preferences Architecture Analysis
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:11:24 GMT
Mark R. Diggory wrote:
> 1.) Would there be a means to assign my own properties object to the
> HttpClient, HttpConnection and HttpMethod objects? So I could control
> the settings on a "client by client", "connection by connection",  or
> "method by method" basis?

Yes I think this makes sense. Do we really need one at the connection
level as well? To be discussed.
[I assume you mean connection as "per server" and not physical sockets.
Remember: A method may (re-)open a physical connection. With Http 1.1
several methods can reuse the same physical connection. ]

> 2.) Is there a "priority" the architecture levels? ie:
>
> key                                     properties
>        client   -->  connection   -->    method     =    actually used

Yes. This is exactly the priority system I meant by "patching" with
local preferences.