commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Gregory M. Messner" <gmess...@titan.com>
Subject Re: [Digester] XML Pull
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:28:59 GMT
Scott,

On the topic of performance, I sent in some patches 2 weeks ago that in
most cases graetly improved the performabce of the digester. They
basically involve saving the Method instance for rules that invoke a
method, the current rules use:

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MethodUtils.invokeMethod()

to invoke the methods and a lookup is done on the method each and every
time it is invoked.  My patches do a lookup of the method and save the
Method instance for future invokation.  I've attached the patches again
in hopes that they might be considered.

Greg