commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: [net][httpclient][webdav] Leftfield idea
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:58:20 GMT
I'm not up on what is happening with the other projects, but I can speak for
HttpClient.  I wouldn't call it a "protocol implementation".  It only represents
the client side of the HTTP protocol.

HttpClient as a top level package was discussed.  I beleive the concensus was
that after a few releases in commons (2.0, 2.1 ...) then we may wish to consider
it for a top level project.  For now it best serves Jakarta by having it in
commons.

As for the mailing list for httpclient, we did everything to come to an
agreement and a successful vote.  I asked 3 times to 3 different email address
from 2 different accounts to have the new mailing list created but nobody did
anything about it ... I guess I'll try again when I'm feeling up to it. <grin>