commons-dev mailing list archives

From Eddie Bush <ekb...@swbell.net>
Subject [taglibs][standard] URI Specification
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2002 18:45:31 GMT
First - my appologies.  I don't believe there is a commons-user or I'd
have posted there instead.  On to my question:

I've read where, in order for a container to optimize use of the JSTL,
one should always use the "proper" URI.  My question is:  May I specify
a shortcut in my web.xml (with a <taglib> element) and use that shortcut
in each of my pages, or does this circumvent detection of the taglib as
"the JSTL" and therefore make it impossible for optimization to occur?
 I'd like for the optimization to take place, if it will, but I would
also like to get around having to specify such a large URI in every page
-- out of pure laziness (I'll fess up!).

I did look at the readme in the distro, and have read several other
things.  I have yet to find anything that clears this point up though.
 My appologies if I should be able to infer this from any documentation.
 I don't like to infer - it always gets me into trouble.

Thanks!

Eddie