commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ortwin Gl├╝ck" <ortwin.glu...@nose.ch>
Subject Re: [httpclient] ConnectMethod class
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:11:12 GMT
Sean C. Sullivan wrote:
> Currently, the ConnectMethod class lives in the
> org.apache.commons.httpclient package
>
> I think we should move the ConnectMethod class to
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods
>
> Comments?

I made it in the httpclient package because it is directly used by other
classes in this package while methods in the methods package are not.
The HttpMethod and HttpMethodBase which are super classes of all Methods
  are also in the httpclient package. So I thought this was the right
place to choose.

But in the end it's more a question of taste of course. Maybe we should
move HttpMethod and HttpMethodBase as well. But this would definitely
break existing code.