commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 07:23:23 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:
> i'm pretty happy with the way that this is heading but maybe it'd be
> easier for more people to review these changes and suggest improvements
> if we had them in cvs. maybe a branch is the right way to go forward.
> (we can merge back once everyone's happy with the changes.)
>
> comments?

Branching would be a good idea... just to clarify: you'd create a branch
where big changes (like my patch) would go, while smaller changes and
bugfixing continues in HEAD? I thought the usual approach was the other
way around, where you'd create a branch for maintainence (say
DIGESTER_1_BRANCH), and let the big changes happen in HEAD. At least
that's how it works in Tomcat, Slide and Struts.

But either way would be fine with me :-)

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de