commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <jsde...@sympatico.ca>
Subject RE: [httpclient] Add dependancy on commons-collections
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 01:09:50 GMT
I see your point.

I really would like to use this SequencedHashMap, and become more
familar with the commons-collections.  There are some alternatives.

1) We could include the commons-collections.jar into the
commons-httpclient.jar.  This might lead to class loader problems and
would be a large waste.

2) We could just include the parts of collections (just that one class
hopefully) in httpclient.  This could be done safely in code form but
would lead to problems updating it.

Any other suggestions?

-jeff

I would be strongly -1 to do that (although I am not a committer).
Cactus is using HttpClient and I would hate to have to tell all Cactus
users
that they should now add one more jar to all their client side and
server side classpaths without gaining a single new feature for them.

-Vincent