commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Dever <>
Subject RE[HttpClient] HttpURLConnection wrapper problems caused by deficiencies in HttpClient
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:52:39 GMT

I took your idea and created a StatusLine object.  See previous email.

I removed the need to call isHttp11() and that nasty cast in your
wrapper.  I'm not sure why it is not in the interface but I'm glad its
not.  It is a nasty method IMO.  There is now a
getStatusLine().getHttpVersion() that I hope will be more useful anyway.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for taking the time to review the code! :-)

I would be +1 for storing the headers in the same order as they are

For the status line, I think offering a getHttpStatus() API in
HttpMethod that would return a HttpStatus object (with a getCode(),
getLine()) would be good.

BTW, have you noticed that HttpMethod has no isHttp11() method in the
interface, so I had to perform a ugly cast ...

Thanks a lot

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message