commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Francois Arcand <jfarc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: digester 2.0 [WAS Re: [digester] [PROPOSAL] More pattern matching flexibility]
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:40:47 GMT
Not sure if I can join the discussion ;-)....anyway, here is some ideas
for Digester 2.0. We should also add some methods for:

- add getter/setter for setting the ContentHandler (if someone doesn't
want to use the DigesterContext)
- add getter/setter for setting the ErrorHandler and the DTDHandler.
Having experienced hard problems with Xerces 2.0.1 - 2.0.2 and XML
Schema, being able to set my own ErrorHandler will be usefull.

It might be a good idea to have a method on the Matcher interface like

public void setErrorHandler(ErrorHandler eh)

So different Matcher can customize their own ErrorHandler...

That will standardize the actual wrapper around the XMLReader....right
now, only the EntityResolver is available for clients.

Just thinking loudly :-)

-- Jeanfrancois