commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Digester] Namespacesupport, Patch
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:15:55 GMT
Stefan Heimann wrote:
> I have read your proposal. It describes the problem very good. My
> patch is very near to your proposal. Just rename QNameList into
> DigesterContext and add some more method (the methods you've suggested
> would be very helpful) and you are done.

Yeah, I've been looking at your patch and noticed a lot of things that I
have (or would have) done similarly. The main point is that I think
there should be an interim release with the appropriate deprecations
etc, so I'd break up the patch into smaller chunks, and also there are
some changes that I don't think are necessary. But that's up to the
committers to decide, I guess :o)

> You could also write the class DigesterContext and the QNameList would
> be one of its property.
>
> Have you also implemented your proposal?

No, just some parts to see if what I was wanting to do was at all
possible. I wanted to get feedback from the community first.

--
Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at gmx.de