commons-dev mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <>
Subject Re: [Digester] Namespacesupport, Patch
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 12:58:26 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Heimann wrote:
> Hi all,
> as posted earlier, here is the patch that adds support for rules that
> can match element in different namespaces. For example, its possible
> the have a pattern ``/foo:a/bar:b'' that matches
> I have updated the matching behaviour of RulesBase and
> ExtendedBaseRules. The matching semantic did not change, there are
> only some more possibilities.

While I would love to see the functionality you've added in Digester, I
think the change should be done with more care.

Strangely, I've been myself playing with such changes (see\ and was
just writing together a PROPOSAL for an implementation that I'll be
sending to this list in a couple of minutes.

Note: I'm not a digester-contributor or even commons-committer, so I'm
basically just expressing my concerns as a user ;o)

Christopher Lenz
/=/ cmlenz at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>