commons-dev mailing list archives

From John Keyes <j...@mac.com>
Subject [CLI] Approaching a 1.0 Release
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 23:26:03 GMT
The API and features of CLI are pretty stable now and I think
that we are nearly ready for a 1.0 release.

There are two issues before a 1.0 release can be cut.  The first
of these is that Pete Maddocks has a few fixes to release for
Options that are created only with a long option value.  The
second issue is one I came across the other day when I was
going to add a test for the *nix 'ls' command.  There is another
type of Option for this that is not currently supported in CLI.
An example of this type of option is:
--color[=WHEN]     control whether color is used to distinguish file
                            types.  WHEN may be `never', `always', or
`auto'

This is a long option followed by a value e.g. "--color=auto".  I
would like to delay a release until I have support for this scenario
implemented.

These are the issues I have identified.  Unless anybody would like to
highlight issues they may have I propose to cut the 1.0 release
when these issues are resolved.

Cheers,
-John K