commons-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] single betwixt descriptor
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 16:35:17 GMT
On Tuesday, September 3, 2002, at 02:16 AM, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone else been thinking about trying to make a single betwixt
> descriptor for a bean instead of having to have one for each nested
> bean?

sort of :)

i've looked into this kind of thing and IMHO it'll probably get messy. it'
ll be easy to break existing stuff. that was one reason why i was trying
to get those unit tests for the xml output working. it'd be safer to wait
until that maven classloader problem is fixed but we should be able to
pick up any problems with your new code once those tests are running again
and fix them then.

i was working on some stuff in that body of code (improved cycle
recognition) but if you want to go for it, i'm happy to back off (since my
initial approach didn't look like it was going to work).

- robert