commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Sutton" <adrian.sut...@ephox.com>
Subject Re: [GUMP][httpclient] Build Failure - commons-httpclient
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:54:44 GMT
>I didn't see that before I checked in your patch.  In general it is a bad idea to use the
com.sun packages directly.  Can you do this more
>genericly?

I don't believe so though I'm not an expert on JCE so I'd love to hear corrections if I'm
wrong about that.  The best option that I can see is to rip out that static section altogether
and require the user to load the JCE library they wish to use before calling into HttpClient.
 That way the user can decide which crypto package they want to use.

As far as I know though, there is no way to autodetect crypto packages and they must be manually
loaded as the line in question is doing.

I'm at home for the weekend (it's Saturday morning here) so can I leave you to make this change
as supplying a patch from me probably won't be possible until Monday.

Adrian Sutton
Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation