commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: next possible commons project - [regexp]
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:09:09 GMT

Stephen Colebourne writes:
>In the same way as [logging], by not being a regexp package itself.
>
>Of course it may just not be appropriate...

I just want to point out that jakarta-oro is more than just a regular
expression package and already contains the generic interfaces to wrap other
packages (as it is, oro already implements 3 different regular expression
grammars).  It's a simple matter to add a factory to generate generic
matchers for arbitrary regular expression packages.  The project has
plans to do this pending the completion of some other work, but anyone
with an immediate need is welcome to put forth a design and start
implementing.

daniel