commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject RE: [patch] NetComponents - FTPClient's restart functionality
Date Sat, 21 Sep 2002 16:52:26 GMT

Jeff Brekke wrote:
>This was an interesting article along some of the same lines:
>
>http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-07-2002/jw-0719-networkunittest.html
>
>It would be nice to have units tests that do not depend on external systems
>that run on each build.  Another set of 'acceptance' tests such as the ones
>you describe above that do in fact access external servers is also needed.
>But don't get me wrong, having tests is better than no tests.

Any volunteers? :)

>Maven doesn't at this time provide this automatically, there's been some
>rumblings about it but nothing yet.  How about we just start a changes xdoc
>that can become part of the site?

OK, sounds good.  I'll try to do that in the next few days.

I don't have a lot of time in the next 2-3 weeks to dedicate to
Jakarta projects, but I'll try to help out a tiny bit here and there
(e.g., apply patches that add unit tests :).  If no one takes up the
charge on unit tests, I'll try to get a basic framework started, but
I've got stuff to do on jakarta-oro before I can get to that.

daniel