commons-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Downey <steve.dow...@netfolio.com>
Subject Re: Release Was: [lang] Builders complete?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:14:46 GMT
On Wednesday 18 September 2002 08:21 am, Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Steve Downey wrote:
> > No one had volunteered yet.
>
> I'm happy to. Had been giving everyone time to play with builders as they
> weren't something I had a great itch for.
>
> There are a lot of things we have on the post-release list, and Stephen's
> got a good thing going in the STATUS.html to show post release ideas. I
> suggest we all continue to add issues and ideas to that to signify things
> we itch/care about, such as your introspection Steven.
It's Steve who's got the introspection itch. Steven will have to scratch his
own itches. <g>

> Daniel's volunteered to handle the actual CVS whatnot. Tagging and
> branching and whittling into shape, so it seems our process is:
>
> 1) Decide on what we want to go and what doesn't go.
What's there now + Steven's planned fixes for exceptions?

> 2) All agree that we're happy with the state of what is going, including
>    javadoc and unit tests.

There's work to be done on the javadocs. Nothing crippling, but it could be
better. The unit tests seem to be pretty good, though.

> 3) Make a preliminery build available internally. I'd like to then run
>    JDiff on this with the beta. This hopefully can make us aware of any
>    issues. This means having tag stuff in cvs done at this point.
> 4) Propose a vote for a 1.0 release.
> 5) Worry about the website. I doubt we'll be doing a lot in the way of
>    tutorials or docs etc, but we need to make sure the simple bits we have
>    there are good.
> 6) Ensure we are in Bugzilla. I'm not sure if we are yet.
> 7) Release.
>
> Does this sound right to everyone?
>
> Hen

Sounds good to me.