commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [lang] Builders complete?
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:09:13 GMT

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:57:52 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org>,
>      steven@caswell.name
> Subject: RE: [lang] Builders complete?
>

> I've no clear beliefs against it. I lack a good understanding of the whole
> of BeanUtils scope and size and I'm not sure whether this affects a Lang
> release. BeanUtils is one of those, I now know how to use, I will replace
> my own version, but I need to find out what it doesn't do that mine does
> and get inside it to feel good about it things :)

In earlier discussions on this topic, I thought the conclusion was that
[lang] would grab the MethodUtils class out of beanutils, and create a
corresponding ConstructorUtils class for dynamically invoking
constructors.  At some appropriate time, [beanutils] could deprecate its
own version of MethodUtils and declare a dependence on [lang] for this
functionality.

The rest of [beanutils] seems to me to be out of scope for [lang].

Craig