commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Heimann <m...@stefanheimann.net>
Subject Re: Re: [Digester] Namespacesupport, Patch
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 13:45:50 GMT
On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 03:34:28PM +0200, Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Stefan Heimann wrote:
> >On Mon, Sep 02, 2002 at 02:58:26PM +0200, Christopher Lenz wrote:
> >
> >>Hi Stefan,

> >>[...]
> >>
> >>While I would love to see the functionality you've added in Digester, I
> >>think the change should be done with more care.
> >

> >Could you describe more exactly what you mean by ``with more care''?
>
> Maybe that sounded too harsh, I didn't want to express that the code was
> not good or anything ;o)
>
> My basic concern is that you're proposing backwards incompatible API
> changes just to replace the pattern-String with a QNameList (IIRC). My
> suggestion is to replace it with a more generic class that represents
> the input document context (I've called it DigesterContext in my
> example). The reasoning for this is that it allows further extension,
> like matching against attributes or body text.

I have read your proposal. It describes the problem very good. My
patch is very near to your proposal. Just rename QNameList into
DigesterContext and add some more method (the methods you've suggested
would be very helpful) and you are done.

You could also write the class DigesterContext and the QNameList would
be one of its property.

Have you also implemented your proposal?

Bye,
  Stefan

--
Stefan Heimann       | http://www.stefanheimann.net