commons-dev mailing list archives

From James Turner <>
Subject Re: Plea for committal
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:34:10 GMT
In regard to my proposed patch only working for Struts, I realized this
after submittial, and when I redid the patch today to add a test case as
requested (I'm on vacation right now, so I don't remember who it was who
said they'd look at it, other than that theyin Australia), and refactored
it a bit.

Now, instead of looking for a DynaForm as an argument, it looks for an
argument of type commons.validator.Validator, and if it finds it, passes
the validator itself as the argument.  Then the validation rule can use
the getResource(Validator.BEAN_KEY) to get a handle on the original bean
for cross-validation.

I always added test cases for it using a "requiredif" rule, none of which
requires struts at all.  This new patch is application for any use of the

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message