commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Sutton" <adrian.sut...@ephox.com>
Subject RE: [HttpClient] Method to determine required credential type
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 06:53:18 GMT
>Would people agree to adding a method that returns the Class required for
>authentication?  I'd suggest it should go into HttpState since that's where
>the credentials are set.  It would have the following cases:
<snip>

Just to clarify, it would obviously take the name of the realm as an
argument as per the other credentials related methods.  null would be an
interesting case here since default doesn't really apply.  It would probably
be best to mean the last realm we authenticated against?  If not, we would
also need to add a method to get the last realm authenticated against.

This is starting to get a little icky....

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com