commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Sutton" <adrian.sut...@ephox.com>
Subject [httpclient] WebDAV
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:44:51 GMT
>There was some talk about jmeter, along with the need for WebDAV support.

Please don't add WebDAV support to HttpClient, Slide has a perfectly good,
modular WebDAV client which already uses (an old version of) HttpClient.  I
will very likely be looking at updating Slide to use the latest version of
HttpClient when API stability is reasonably assured (see my previous post).
Naturally there are other constraints on my time as well.

I briefly mentioned the possibility of splitting the WebDAV client out of
slide and into a separate commons component and there was no backlash,
however there needs to be significant interest from people prepared to
maintain it for that process to be worthwhile.  There is certainly no reason
why the WebDAV client couldn't stay in slide and still be used as a module
component anyway.

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Opinions
contained in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Ephox
Corporation.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately and delete all copies of the correspondence from your computer
and/or computer network. No warranty is given that this message upon its
receipt is virus free and the sender in this respect accepts no liability.