commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Adrian Sutton" <adrian.sut...@ephox.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] projects that use Jakarta Commons HttpClient
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 23:36:25 GMT
Note that Slide is not using the commons HttpClient but is effectively using
their own.  I plan to work on changing that when the HttpClient API
stabilises and preferably when a stable release is out.

Might I suggest not trying to recruit any new projects before the API is
fully stabilised and a stable release is put out?  Do we have any timeline
for the next stable release (for guide only obviously)?

Also, is HttpClient committed to maintaining a stable API from a certain
point and when is that point?  The next stable release? Now? Milestone x?

Being a component is a tough life and providing as stable an API as possible
is one of the tough things in that life.  However, it is even tougher to try
to use a component without knowing when or if the API is likely to change.
Perhaps this is something that needs to be documented in appropriate places?

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

solely for the use of the individual to whom they are addressed. Opinions
contained in this email do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Ephox
Corporation.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender
immediately and delete all copies of the correspondence from your computer
and/or computer network. No warranty is given that this message upon its
receipt is virus free and the sender in this respect accepts no liability.