commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen Colebourne" <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject [net][httpclient][webdav] Leftfield idea
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:34:08 GMT
[httpclient], [net] and the occasionally mentioned [webdav] seem to have
something in common in my eyes - they are all about implementing web
protocols.

Just a suggestion, but would it be a good idea if these three formed a new
top level project at Jakarta, perhaps called Protocol?

We've discussed httpclient having its own mailing list or maybe being a new
top level project. But nothing happened. It just occurred to me that maybe
as a group of 3 related subprojects, a 'Protocol' top level project might
succeed as a community.

Just an idea ;-)

Stephen