commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <ste...@caswell.name>
Subject RE: [lang] status of CalendarUtils proposal
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2002 15:43:28 GMT

I like this idea.

> Also, are we having a separate DateUtils for Date?

I'm in a quandry over how to do a separate DateUtils.  I've got a couple
of things that would go into it that are stricly Date-related. What I'm
not clear on is whether stuff already in CalendarUtils should move into
DateUtils.  For example, there is a Date version of truncate and a
Calendar version of truncate. They do the same thing but with different
types as input. Should the Date version of truncate move to DateUtils?
Does it make sense to separate the different versions of the same
operation based solely on parameter/return type? Does that complicate or
simplify the API?

> Stephen

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name