commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Caswell" <ste...@caswell.name>
Subject RE: Release (1) Re: [lang] Added a couple of TODOs
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:10:24 GMT

Steven Caswell
steven@caswell.name
a.k.a Mungo Knotwise of Michel Delving

SystemUtils is fine. I want to add a couple of things but just don't
have time to start that process so I'll wait until after the release.

The builders look good. I was able to subclass ToStringStyle to get
customized formatting, which was my chief concern. I do think the
javadocs for the ToStringBuilder and associated classes should be
expanded to make it easier to implement custom formatting, without
someone needing to wade through the code to figure it out (though the
wading is not too difficult.

I have one question about ToStringStyle. I'm wondering why it contains
protected fields that can be accessed directly by subclasses, as opposed
to making them private with accessor methods.