commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Vincent Massol" <vmas...@octo.com>
Subject RE: [httpclient] Add dependancy on commons-collections
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 08:53:41 GMT

JAR
>   if he wants. I have done a similar thing for our app: I am just
> shipping the Commons JAR as a whole.

Yes, that's fine if what is using HttpClient is an application. The
problem is if it is a framework itself ... which is the case for Cactus.
As it stands Cactus is already complicated because users have to set 2
classpaths (once on the client side where junit runs) and once on the
server side (the container classpath), and adding more dependency that
doesn't bring any user value is not going to make it easier ...

Thanks
-Vincent