commons-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: [commons-dev] mail no longer archived
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 22:08:50 GMT
Trolling commons-dev for relevant messages is like trying to find a
needle in a haystack.

"Michael A. Smith" <mas@apache.org> writes:

> robert burrell donkin wrote:
> > could eyebrowse on nagoya cope with the traffic if we included it's
> > urls instead?
>
> I'm probably not the right one to ask about that (I believe Daniel
> Rall is),  but I would think that using our own archive would be
> better than relying on an external archive.

I agree.  Eyebrowse still being enhanced (currently mostly by Andreas
Guenther).  Cross list threading improvements and misc. buglet fixes
are in CVS, and ready to be pushed live.

> Daniel, since I believe you're the eyebrowse maintainer, can you
> answer this?

Using tigris.org and various other deployments as a metric, I say it
will to scale.  However, I've noticed that the deployment on
archives.apache.org (nagoya) runs slowly in comparison.  I've wondered
if the fact that it is behind mod_proxy has anything to do with this
(but don't have any hard data on this subject).  When whatever is
bottlenecking archives.apache.org is be found (and subsequently
fixed), promoting it as the main list archive browser makes a lot of
sense.  Pier, do you have any clues here?
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>