commons-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: [lang] System properties
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:26:09 GMT
"Stephen Colebourne" <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> writes:

> From: "Daniel Rall" <dlr@collab.net>
> > Sounds okay to me.  Pluggability in the Commons is fine so long as it
> > doesn't encroach into framework-land.
>
> Daniel, could you define what you mean by framework? Different people mean
> different things (and that is one of the main causes of arguments in
> commons)

I agree that framework means different things to different people.  I
was quoting the Commons charter.

http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=framework

   1. A structure for supporting or enclosing something else,
   especially a skeletal support used as the basis for something being
   constructed.

   2. An external work platform; a scaffold.

These two seem the most appropriate, but of course they don't take
into account the domain-specific semantics of our work.
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>