commons-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: [lang] 1.0 release foci (fwd)
Date Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:40:25 GMT
Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com> writes:

> > The only problem we face ATM is SystemUtils. We either
> > 1) Remove it to the sandbox
> > 2) Remove the controversial parts to the sandbox
> >
> > I favour (1) to get the release out.
>
> If the release manager is unable to make a release based on only some of
> the classes, and I think it could be quite tricky, then I favour 1 too.

It's easy enough to exclude that single class from the build (in
build.xml) when we cut the release.  I like this option because it
doesn't take the code out of component's source (only its binary), and
still produces a source component which CVS-taggable and reproducable.

If this is acceptable, I'd be happy to do this when we wish to cut the
release (and handle the associated CVS operations).
--

Daniel Rall <dlr@finemaltcoding.com>