commons-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: [ot] XML config file parser
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:19:08 GMT
At 10:07 AM -0400 2002/08/15, Jeff Dever wrote:
>We're looking to use a xml based config file format for an application.
>Currently we are using properties format, but would like to use the
>hierarchical nature of XML to reflect the hierarchical nature of our
>configuration data.
>
>I've looked at xerces for this purpose, but it looks too low level.  Is
>there a "xml config file parser" package for java?  What are other products
>using for XML parsing of config files?

Digester was made to do exactly that...   It's particularly easy to
use if you get to define the XML format yourself.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester.html

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956