commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [discovery] service bound to jar?
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2002 21:37:47 GMT
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Richard Sitze wrote:

> Costin,
>
>         While is isn't necessarily true that an implementation HAS to be
> in the same class as a META-INF/services/<interface> file that specifies
> it,
>
> should it be?  I can see good reasons for that...

So do I.

While in theory they should be in the jar, you don't allways control the
jar - you may want to enable discovery for an existing (and
unmodifiable) jar by just adding a separate one with the discovery data.

By 'can't modify' I mean either licence or if you don't want to mess
with released products ( i.e. alter their structure ) or if it
is signed.

Costin