commons-dev mailing list archives

From cost...@covalent.net
Subject Re: [OT] Newcomers
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:24:08 GMT
On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> On 8/22/02 5:31 PM, "McKinstry, Pete (HQP)" <Pete.McKinstry@rhi.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if it's totally clear to Jakarta developers, but I would wager
> > that parts of commons have _many_ users outside of just other Jakarta
> > projects. Even if the original commons goals don't include them, i hope that
> > they can be considered in votes/design choices.
> >
> > ... myself being one of those users. :-) ...
>
> Yes.  W/o users, there isn't much point to all of this.
>
> When it comes down to making a choice between one portion of the user
> community and another, this will be so much harder.  But that doesn't appear
> to be the case here.

If jakarta projects, which have originated some of the code and do have
voting and veto power ( thanks to the commons rules on voting ) are
ignored - what can regular users expect ?

When clear needs are expressed by fellow apache commiters and get
rejected for 'cosmetic' reasons - what can an outside user expect ?

Costin